Rules and Guidelines
TERMS & CONDITIONS
92ND AACC ANNUAL CONVENTION • APRIL 21–24, 2012 • ORLANDO, FL
By signing the exhibit space rental agreement you are agreeing or have agreed to the following Terms & Conditions for the AACC 2012 Annual Convention & Exhibit Hall. All rules will be enforced by AACC’s Exhibit Management company on behalf of AACC.
Deadline: Exhibit space is limited and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis according to the postmark of application. Payment must accompany application. AACC reserves the right to accept or reject any and all applications.
Cancellation by exhibitor: If it is necessary for an exhibitor to withdraw from the Convention, the exhibitor must notify AACC in writing. Refunds will be made according to the following Schedule:
• 50% of the exhibit fee is non-refundable.
• The remainder of the fee is refundable if request is received in writing by January 15, 2012, AND the exhibit sells out.
• No refunds will be made for cancellation requests received after January 15, 2012.
1. AACC reserves the right to exercise its sole discretion in the acceptance or refusal of applications.
2. The AACC Exhibit Hall is a program designed to provide a showcase for products and services either specifically designed for or customarily used in higher education administration. The program is held strictly as a means of information exchange. Participants may not make sales or take orders in the exhibit area or within other Annual Convention facilities provided. This provision will be rigorously and strictly enforced.
3. The applicant agrees that AACC shall have the right to make such rules and regulations or changes in arrangements as it shall deem necessary, and to amend the same from time to time. AACC shall have the final determination and enforcement of all rules, regulations and conditions.
4. No part of an exhibit shall be dismantled nor materials removed before the official closing, Monday, April 23, 2012, without special permission from AACC. All space must be vacated by 6:00 p.m., the same day. If spaces are not vacated by that time, AACC reserves the right to remove materials from the show floor and charge the expense to the participant. AACC will not be liable if such removal causes damage to the materials.
5. Applicant agrees to pay all fees, charges and/or expenses covered in this contract on demand. In the event that AACC or AACC’s Exhibit Management company is forced to seek legal remedy to collect amounts due from the applicant, all charges related to the collection of unpaid amounts will become the sole responsibility of the applicant. If an exhibitor fails to make payments due hereunder when they are due, the space assignment is subject to cancellation or reassignment at the option of AACC, without obligation for refund. Should any rented space remain unoccupied by two hours prior to opening on the opening day, or for any time thereafter, AACC reserves the right to rent such space to any other applicant or to eliminate such space and no refund shall be made to the original applicant. Participants may not assign or sublet any space allotted to them, and may not advertise or display goods, other than those manufactured, distributed or sold by them in the regular course of business, without authorization by AACC. If any rented booth space remains unoccupied, or display materials un-set, two hours prior to show opening, AACC reserves the right to either remove all materials from show floor or require decorator to set booth. Exhibitor will be liable for all costs incurred. Booths may not be shared with another company.
6. Request for cancellation of space must be directed in writing to AACC, Exhibit Hall Cancellation, One Dupont Circle, NW, Ste. 410, Washington, DC 20036. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted. Fifty percent (50%) of each booth fee is non-refundable. The remainder will be refunded if the request is postmarked on or before January 15, 2012 prior to the first day of scheduled set up, and only if the Exhibit Hall sells out. In no case will a refund be made for a cancellation postmarked later than 90 days prior to the first scheduled day of set up. The Exhibit Hall manager will confirm receipt of all cancellation notices. AACC will only honor cancellation requests whose receipt has been confirmed.
7. AACC conforms to IAEE guidelines for exhibit display specifications. Guidelines will be enforced by AACC’s Exhibit Management company for AACC. AACC shall supply at no charge to the participant over the regular space rental fee, the following standard decorations for each participant’s space: eight foot (8’) high curtain background; three foot (3’) high curtain sidewalls and an exhibitor identification sign. No shipping containers may be stored in the booth space during show hours. All decorative material must be flameproof.
8. AACC, AACC’s Exhibit Management company, the Orlando World Center Marriott, or any officers or staff members will not be responsible for the safety or the property of the participants from theft, damage by fire, accident or other causes. Participants are advised to consult their insurance broker for proper coverage on display material from the time it leaves their company’s premises until its return. Neither AACC nor AACC’s Exhibit Management company nor the Orlando World Center Marriott management, nor any of their officers, agents, employees or representatives, shall be held accountable or liable for, and the same are hereby released from accountability or liability for any damage, loss, harm or injury to the person or any property of the applicant or any of its officers, agents, employees or other representatives, resulting from theft, fire, or other causes. Neither AACC nor AACC’s Exhibit Management company, nor the Orlando World Center Marriott management will obtain insurance against any such damage, loss, harm or injury.
9. Applicant agrees to protect, save and hold harmless AACC, AACC’s Exhibit Management company, the Orlando World Center Marriott, and all agents and employees thereof (hereinafter collectively called Indemnities) forever harmless for any damages or charges imposed for violations of any law or ordinance, whether occasioned by the negligence of the exhibitor or those holding under the exhibitor, and further, the exhibitor shall, at all times, protect, indemnify, save and hold harmless the indemnities against and from any and all losses, costs, damages, liability or expenses (including attorney fees) arising from or out of or by reason of any accident or bodily injury or other occurrences to any person or persons, including the exhibitor, its agents, employees or business invitees, which arise from or out of or by reason of said exhibitors occupancy and use of the exhibition premises, the convention facility or any part thereof.
10. Exhibitor participant agrees to acquire insurance for: (1.) $1 million commercial general liability, with products and completed operations liability in the same amount. AACC, AACC’s Exhibit Management company, and the AACC 2012 Annual Convention shall be listed as additional unsureds and aggregate limits shall also be $1 million. (2.) Workers compensation insurance. AACC retains the right to request proof of insurance at any time.
11. Applicants, their employees, representatives or agents may not allow any articles to be brought into the Orlando World Center Marriott or any act done on the premises that will invalidate the insurance or increase the premium on the policies held by the management of the Orlando World Center Marriott, nor permit anything to be done by their employees through which act the premises, property or equipment of the other participants will be damaged. No signs or articles can be affixed, nailed, or otherwise attached to walls, doors, etc., in such a manner as to damage them. All space is rented subject to these restrictions. Participant will be held liable for any damage resulting from violations of these rules.
12. Extremely loud noises, such as bells, sirens, buzzers, etc., will not be permitted in order to maintain a business-like atmosphere.
13. Promotional activity is limited to the confines of space assigned by AACC. “Working” the aisles, general areas or spaces assigned to others is prohibited.
14. Applicants may not schedule other events such as meetings, breakfasts, luncheons, dinners or receptions during official AACC program hours or while the Exhibit Hall is in progress unless express written permission is granted by AACC.
15. Booth Package: Included with the booth space are pipe and drape, an ID sign, 24- hour security, listing in the AACC Convention Program and admittance to educational sessions of the Annual Convention for two representatives from each booth (no meals). NOTE: In order to maintain a professional environment, AACC does require that all exhibitors carpet their booths. Tables, chairs, carpet and other furniture are not included. Furniture can be either supplied by the exhibitor or ordered from the Service Contractor.
16. This document and its attachments represent the entire agreement between the Applicant and AACC and may not be altered unless mutually agreed upon in writing.
17. In the event that any provision of the Agreement or the application of any such provision to either AACC or AACC’s Exhibit Management company or the Applicant is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to any law, the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
18. In the event that the AACC Annual Convention is canceled due to fire, strikes, government regulations, acts of God, acts of war or civil strife or other causes beyond the control of AACC, then AACC shall not be held liable for failure to hold the Annual Convention and Exhibit Hall as scheduled. In such events, AACC, at its sole discretion, may refund part or all of exhibit fees and deposits received by AACC. Refunds will be limited to a maximum of the amount paid by applicant to AACC. In no event will AACC, AACC’s Exhibit Management company or the Orlando World Center Marriott be liable for any direct, indirect, actual, special or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever, including, but not limited to lost profits, business interruptions or other economic loss to the applicant due to cancellation of the Annual Convention and Exhibit Hall as scheduled.
19. The exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages, and claims arising out of exhibitor's activities on the Hotel premises and will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Hotel, its owner, and its management company, as well as their respective agents, servants, and employees from any and all such losses, damages, and claims.
For more information, please contact:
AACC Exhibit & Advertising Sales
c/o The Townsend Group, Inc.
(301) 215-6710 x105