Non-AAP Industry/Foundation Symposia
Download the Symposia Kit (includes guidelines, application and FAQs)
Definition of Industry Symposia and Foundation Symposia
For purposes of these guidelines, an industry- or foundation-sponsored symposium is
• An educational program, for which AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ is offered;
• Planned or implemented by an organization external to the AAP;
• Not endorsed by the AAP; and
• Not part of the AAP’s official conference program.
All symposia events must be held in compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education. In addition, although compliance with the AMA’s Ethical Opinion on Gifts to Physicians from Industry is the responsibility of the individual physician, every effort should be made to ensure that AAP members and other conference attendees are not put in a situation that would be considered a violation of these guidelines.
Proposal Submission Deadline
The deadline to submit a proposal to sponsor an industry or foundation symposium is June 1. The AAP reserves the right to continue the selection process if all slots are not filled by June 1st. In order to be considered, the application form must be completed in its entirety. Symposia applications will be reviewed for acceptance on a first-come, first-served basis.
Industry or foundation symposia may be held on the following dates and times. There are up to 30 sessions available – based on space availability.
• Friday, October 14, 6:30 pm – 11:00 pm, 6 sessions
• Saturday, October 15, 7:00 pm – 12:00 am, 6 sessions
• Sunday, October 16, 7:30 pm – 11:00 pm, 6 sessions
• Monday, October 17, 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm, 6 sessions
• Tuesday, October 18, 6:30 pm – 11:00 pm, 6 sessions
The availability of the meeting room for set up will be determined by your choice of venue and official AAP events that are currently scheduled prior to your event. Regardless of the time the room is released to you for set up, your program (including registration, dinner, etc.) must not begin prior to the start times listed above.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including past symposia totals, show/attendee demographics, and more.