About the Conference
The 2011 NSBA Annual Conference in San Francisco, California features a world-class curriculum focusing on the issues that every school board member needs to understand, including:
- Updates on federal legislation, including ESEA reauthorization and Title 1/IDEA funding
- Legal implications of recent federal court decisions on school policies like cyberbullying and immigration
- Strategies to maximize your district's budget in these times of limited funding
- Best practices in school governance, including the latest research
- Ideas and advice from schools throughout the country who have successfully incorporated 21st century skills
Whether you are a veteran board member, a superintendent, a board support professional, or a first-time attendee, you'll take back practical ideas and a renewed commitment to help your board do more with less, while boosting student achievement.
The three-day Conference includes everything you need to become a more effective leader:
- Inspirational General Session speakers.
- Topical sessions and workshops covering all facets of school governance.
- New products and services showcased at the NSBA Exposition.
- Numerous opportunities to network and collaborate with your peers.
- Energizing site visits, tours, and special events.
NSBA's Annual Conference complements the state-specific professional development opportunities provided by your state school boards association. We believe that by sharing best practices, and defining our leadership roles, we can work more efficiently and advance student achievement.