Deadline for submitting your abstract or proposal is
JUNE 24, 2011
We are currently accepting abstracts for the 2012 Conference to take place February 14 - 16, 2012 at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California.
To begin submitting your abstract, simply click the Conference tab above for a drop down menu or click on On-Line Abstract Submission on the left rail. If this is your first time to visit the site you will be asked to set up a log-in.
Once you log-in you can begin entering your abstract and may leave the site and return as many times as you would like until June 24 to modify your abstract or add speakers.
After June 24 no further revisions can be made and abstracts will be submitted to the committee for review in their final format.
If you have any problems, concerns, suggestions regarding submission of an abstract, please contact Libby Smith at email@example.com
or at 918-831-9560.
The 2012 conference in Long Beach will feature the fundamental principles and newest technologies shaping the large scale solar power industry today. When entering your abstract, please choose a first and second choice category. Your abstract will be submitted to the Solar POWER-GEN 2012 Program Committee for review and consideration. You will be notified as to the status of your submission by September 30, 2011.
Paper Presentation Guidelines:
Complimentary Registration: One presenter per selected paper presentation is eligible for a complimentary "Full Delegate" registration to Solar POWER-GEN 2012, which includes admission to the exhibit hall and conference, Keynote Session, two delegate luncheons, exhibit hall reception and access to the on-line conference proceedings.
The primary contact for the manuscript is typically the presenter and will be listed in the pre-conference brochure, show guide and on the Solar POWER-GEN 2012 website as the primary author and presenter. Remaining names will be listed as co-authors.
Panel Presentation Guidelines:
Presentation Length: panel discussion sessions provide a less structured environment and allow conference attendees to interact with the panel participants.
Each panelist is encouraged to deliver a short 5-10-minute presentation.
Participating panelists must be confirmed when abstract is submitted for consideration.
Complimentary Registration: Up to 4 panelists per selected panel discussion are eligible for a complimentary "Full Delegate" registration to Solar POWER-GEN 2012, which includes admission to the exhibit hall, Keynote Session, conference sessions, two delegate luncheons, exhibit hall receptions and access to the on-line conference proceedings.
Step 1: Choose an issue/technology/project that is relevant and informative to the power generation industry, either from the list of suggestions above, or propose your own industry-related topic.
Step 2: Choose the presentation method – Paper Presentation or Panel Discussion
Paper Presentation Guidelines
• Estimated presentation length - 15-22 minutes, including Q & A time.
• Submission of a manuscript to conference management is required in advance of Solar POWER-GEN 2012 to enable publication on the on-line conference proceedings.
• Complimentary Registration - One presenter per selected manuscript presentation is eligible for complimentary ‘Full Delegate’ registration to Solar POWER-GEN 2012, which includes admission to the exhibit hall and conference, two delegate luncheons, exhibit hall floor reception and access to the on-line conference proceedings.
Panel Discussion Guidelines
• Panel submissions must contain content for a complete two-hour panel discussion, including names and full contact information for a moderator and 3 - 4 confirmed panelists.
• Panel sessions are a less structured environment and allow conference attendees to interact with the panelists.
• Panelists are not required to submit a manuscript, but it is suggested that each panelist deliver a short 5 – 10 minute presentation. Panelists are encouraged to submit their presentations for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
• Complimentary Registration: Up to 5 panelists per selected panel discussion are eligible for complimentary ‘Full Delegate’ registration to Solar POWER-GEN, which includes admission to the exhibit hall and conference, two delegate luncheons, exhibit hall reception and access to the on-line conference proceedings.
Step 3: Develop a well-written, concise synopsis of your proposed presentation topic that addresses all key points of issue/project/technology, no more than 2,000 characters, including spaces, in length.
Step 4: ONLINE SUBMISSION: Abstracts are now submitted online at www.solar-powergen.com - click on Submit Abstract under the Conference tab.
Please fill out ALL appropriate fields; abstract submission process will not be completed without including all required information.
• State whether the abstract/paper has been previously presented and if so, when and at what conference.
• Indicate what topic categories the abstract would best be suited.
• Include complete name, title, company, address, telephone, fax, e-mail and biography (no more than 200 characters including spaces) for all authors or panelists.
• Identify the presenter of record for paper presentations.
Once the abstract has been submitted, an automatic email response will be sent to confirm Solar POWER-GEN conference management has received it. Please print this as well as retain the email for your records.
No abstracts will be accepted for consideration after the June 24, 2011 deadline.
NO FAXES Please!!
QUESTIONS or SUBMISSION Problems:
Solar POWER-GEN Conference Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgSELECTION, NOTIFICATION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Selection Process: The Solar POWER-GEN 2012 Program Committee is composed of executives and engineers from all sectors of the renewable energy power generation industry. This committee will carefully review all abstracts submitted by the June 24, 2011 deadline with the ultimate goal of forming a highly educational and informative conference that addresses topical and timely power generation industry issues.
All abstracts will be evaluated on the strength of the abstract submitted, including content matter, market trend and relevance of the material. The program committee will give preference to abstracts that include utility representation. Consultants and manufacturers may submit abstracts of a non-commercial nature, but all blatant commercial sales pitches will not be accepted for presentation.
Notification: All primary contacts will be notified in writing via email no later than September 30, 2011 as to whether or not their proposed Solar POWER-GEN abstract has been selected.
Primary Contact Responsibilities: The primary contact will be responsible for meeting all deadlines and requirements regarding the paper presentation or panel participation. The primary contact must agree to submit a final manuscript to be included in the conference proceedings by December 1, 2011. This contact also needs to notify conference management of any changes, additions or corrections in author, co-author or panelist names, paper titles or availability to present the submitted paper at the appointed date and time. Unless otherwise noted on the abstract, the presenter will be considered the primary contact.
Speaker Registration: One presenter per paper accepted or up to five panelists per panel session will receive complimentary ‘Full Delegate’ conference registration which includes entrance to the conference and exhibit hall, delegate lunches, exhibit hall reception and access to the on-line conference proceedings. All travel and hotel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the speaker.
Co-presenters are encouraged to attend Solar POWER-GEN, and we will gladly include their names in the conference program. However, they will be responsible for their own conference registration, hotel accommodations and other conference-related expenses.