Winona, Minn. – (November 6, 2017) Fluoramics, Inc., a leading manufacturer of sealants, lubricants, and rust inhibitors for the metal fabrication industry, has announced that in celebration of its 50th Anniversary, it will offer a 20% discount coupon to anyone who stops by Booth C41601 at FABTECH and registers for Fluoramics’ monthly informational email. Registrants will receive a promo code good until January 30, 2018 which may be used on all orders placed through their website.
Since 1967, Fluoramics has been a world leader in engineered polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) solutions, including many breakthrough products for the metal fabrication industry:
1967 – introduced Formula-8, the world’s first PTFE thread sealant
1973 – introduced Tufoil Engine Treatment, the world’s first patented engine treatment with PTFE
2011 – introduced HinderRUST, the world’s first rust inhibitor with PTFE
PTFE is an incredibly versatile fluorocarbon solid that underpins every product manufactured by Fluoramics. PTFE is hydrophobic (repels water) and non-reactive (unaffected by harsh chemicals), and it has one of the lowest coefficients of friction of any solid, making it extremely slippery. Through decades of research, Fluoramics engineers have developed novel ways to suspend PTFE in liquids and pastes to make thread sealants more robust, lubricants more slippery, and rust inhibitors more protective and longer lasting.
Many Fluoramics products are ideally suited to sectors of the metal fabrication industry:
Gas Cylinders and Gas Filling Equipment
- Formula-8 oxygen-safe thread sealant is widely used to seal valves on high-pressure cylinders. A white shear-sensitive paste, Formula-8 sheets into PTFE strings as a fitting is torqued to tightly pack the threads.
- LOX-8 Paste is certified for use in gaseous and liquid oxygen systems, and is the ideal choice for sealing fittings on cryogenic and industrial gas systems. LOX-8 Paste withstands extreme temperatures and pressures, and is unaffected by caustic acids and bases. It is widely used to seal the fittings on gas storage systems and gas tankers.
Fabrication of Steel and Stainless Steel
- LOX-8 Paste is an inert and non-toxic thread sealant that prevents galling on stainless steel fittings and is unaffected by harsh chemicals. In 2017, LOX-8 Paste received NSF registration approving it for use in food handling facilities.
- HinderRUST R2.0 is a short-term, solvent-free rust inhibitor used to prevent flash rusting of fabricated steel parts prior to finishing. HinderRUST products are solvent-free and flame-resistant.
- LOX-8 Paste is used to seal oxygen propellant lines on plasma-cutting machines.
- Industrial Tufoil protects against scoring and scratching in operations such as stamping and deep drawing.
- Lightning Grease is a jellied version of Tufoil that lubricates machine parts, reducing operating temperatures and wear, and extending the life of the machine.
- LOX-8 Grease is fire-proof and ideal for protecting gears and bearings.
The magic behind Tufoil Engine Treatment is the incredibly tiny PTFE particles that are suspended in the oil, enabling engines to run smoother and quieter, and last a very long time. Tufoil delivers faster cranking speed in all weather conditions, better gas mileage, increased horsepower, and extended engine life. In 1997, the Guinness Book of World Records identified Tufoil® to be the world’s most efficient lubricant.
Fluoramics Inc. is a leading manufacturer of sealants, greases, lubricants and rust inhibitors – all of which are engineered PTFE solutions. Founded in 1967, the company is based in Winona, Minnesota, and proudly manufactures all of its products in the United States. To learn more about Fluoramics products, please visit the Fluoramics booth C41601, or explore the company’s website at www.fluoramics.com