Autodesk now showing its new 2017 Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) products for a multitude of advanced manufacturing applications ranging from CNC mill and lathe programming to complex mold and die manufacturing. These new products combine the heritage of industry leadership in CAM software from Delcam with Autodesk’s 3D design and manufacturing prowess, presenting Autodesk CAM customers with a powerful and unique user experience.
At Houstex, February 28 – March 2, at the George Brown Convention Center in Houston Texas Autodesk will be exhibiting the new release of Autodesk FeatureCAM 2017 for automating CNC programming and Autodesk PartMaker for precision part manufacturing with Swiss-type lathes along with the NEW line of HSMWorks.
FeatureCAM 2017 and PartMaker 2017
FeatureCAM automates the workflow from design to NC code for milling machines, turning and turn/mill centers, Swiss-type lathes and wire EDMs. The automation tools within FeatureCAM help manufacturers reduce programming time, allowing parts to be made faster. They also increase programming consistency for maintaining part quality. PartMaker is now included with FeatureCAM Ultimate, to deliver our highest level of capabilities for production machining from a single package. This includes:
- The ability to program variations of turn-mill centers, including multiple turret machines and b-axis indexable heads with machine simulation to verify programming.
- Techniques such as pinch or follow turning, pinch milling or double ended drilling to use more than one tool to cut stock material to reduce cycle times.
- Synchronizing operations between the main and sub spindles with automatically inserted wait and queue codes to reduce cycle times.
- Advanced tool holders such as mini turrets and multi tool blocks to enhance the tool capacity of machines.
Autodesk provides integrated CAM solutions to two of the most popular and most used CAD design packages, SOLIDWORKS™ and Autodesk Inventor™. Autodesk HSM CAM solutions allow users a single easy to use workflow to design and manufacture their 3D part data. New Autodesk HSM bundling allows users the ability to choose the best design and manufacturing workflow for their individual needs. The Autodesk HSM bundles include HSMWorks for SolidWorks, Inventor & Inventor HSM and also Fusion 360 for the benefits of a cloud based manufacturing system.
Autodesk HSM Professional includes 2.5 axis, 3 axis, 3+2 axis, turning and mill-turn functionality in SolidWorks, Inventor and Fusion 360. Autodesk HSM Ultimate adds basic simultaneous 5-axis functionality. Besides the advantage of an integrated design and manufacturing workflow, other advantages of an Autodesk HSM solution include:
- Adaptive clearing for roughing with a constant material removal rate. Utilizing this strategy not only reduces CNC mill time, but it allows for extending the life of the tools used.
- Efficient database with full 64 bit, multi-core multi-cpu support for the shortest calculation times.
- ANY-CAD functionality allowing you to mill data from any popular CAD system, while maintaining associativity to the original model.
For more information go to www.autodesk.com/MAKE or call 1 877335 2261
Autodesk and the Autodesk logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2016 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.