TIMET is a leader in the development and production of titanium alloys for the aerospace, medical, industrial and defense markets. TIMET Powder Metals (TPM) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Titanium Metals Corporation. TPM produces spherical, high density metal powders using the PREP® (Plasma Rotating Electrode Process) method.
• Highly spherical w/ low incidence of satellites
• Extremely low internal porosity
• No entrapped gas in powder particles
• Consistent powder quality lot to lot
• TPM produces PREP powder in a wide variety of alloys, including but not limited to titanium, Inconel and cobalt-chrome
MMI: Take this opportunity to tell us how you support the use of additive manufacturing in medicine. TIMET Powder Metals produces high quality powder in titanium and Co-Cr-Mo alloys that are used in the production of joint replacement implants. Leveraging the resources within our company, TIMET Powder Metals has access to the complete alloy catalogs of TIMET, Special Metals, and PCC Airfoils. Our unique capabilities at TIMET’s Henderson Research Lab and Special Metals’ Pilot Processing Center allow for development of new alloys.