As a physician-led and -owned multispecialty partnership, Vituity has been a catalyst for positive change in the business and practice of medicine for nearly 50 years. Our more than 5,000 doctors and clinicians practice at 450 locations across the country, serving 8 million patients annually.
Your Career in Healthcare Starts Here
At Vituity, medical scribes are valued members of our healthcare team who allow our providers to focus on taking care of our patients. Our scribes receive invaluable experience in clinical settings, working side by side with healthcare providers in emergency departments, inpatient departments, and outpatient settings such as oncology and primary care clinics.
Scribes work closely with physicians and health care providers to supply real time charting of physician and patient encounters during medical exams. Scribes are responsible for a variety of clerical tasks that include retrieving medical records, documenting the results of diagnostic tests, and preparing discharge instructions, while maintaining the flow of the clinic.
Benefits of joining Vituity as a scribe:
- Firsthand exposure to a clinical setting for undergraduates or post baccalaureate students pursuing a career in healthcare
- Great opportunity for students taking time off before Medical, PA or NP school
- Scribe hours are counted towards clinical training for most PA programs
- Mentorship- Work one-on-one with physicians and other health care providers
- Become proficient in medical terminology
- Professional development during Scribe Days- helping scribes in their career pursuit as medical providers
- Outstanding networking and resume building opportunities with our scribe alumni