VOLLMER VGrind 360E
VOLLMER has added a new model to its tool grinding machine VGrind 360: As an entry-level model, the VGrind 360E is geared towards the specific requirements of service companies and smaller tool manufacturers.
With the VGrind 360E VOLLMER expands its portfolio for machining carbide tools such as cutters, drills or reamers up to 100 mm diameter.
As the world’s first grinding machine with two vertically configured grinding spindles, the VGrind 360E is setting new standards.
- Five-axis CNC grinding machine with innovative kinematics. Short linear-axis travel distances and swivel ranges for increased efficiency and precision in production
- Two grinding spindles situated one above the other, with a grinding wheel set positioned in the C-axis pivot point, provide highly precise grinding results
- Innovative wall concept with the highest possible rigidity and outstanding damping thanks to polymer concrete
- The vertical spindle arrangement solves the well-known problems related to fixed and floating bearings
- Effective motor and spindle cooling concept for higher thermal stability and lasting power and precision
- Both grinding spindles can be fitted with various different tools
Thanks to the proven precision technology, tools can be machined in the same quality and time as with the VGrind 360. With the adaptations to automation, design and control panel, VOLLMER can introduce the E model to the market at a considerably lower price.