WPI Vision Announces the Release of ERMA
3-D Inspection Scope for You
Sarasota Florida – 8/12/2021 – Today, WPI announces the release of ERMA™ - the Enhanced Reality Microscope - designed to bring a new dimension of accuracy and speed to deburring, inspection throughput for the Precision Manufacturing Industry. With a range of new patent-pending technologies, ERMA sets a new precedent for workstation throughput.
“This is a game changer for the Precision Manufacturing industry. For the first time we have increased return on investment (ROI) by solving some of the current problems in the Precision Manufacturing process. No more focusing – it self-focuses through the onboard computers. The real-time, high definition, 3D images paired with a 25mm depth of field, and a programable panning feature are just a few of the innovations of ERMA. All of them together mean deburring and inspection stations experience a higher yield with greater accuracy.” ( Steve Dunn, WPI Vision Manager)
- 3-D imaging for greater accuracy and longer worktime. Just like a traditional Stereo Microscope ERMA offers true 3-D viewing through its onboard Live Reality Visor but with so much more
- 25 mm depth of field that shows the detail without adjustment ideal for deburring.
- Variable working distance of 120-300 mm, allowing users to do more with a single instrument, seamlessly moving from multiple sized parts without having to adjust the microscope saving time and bench space.
- Zoom self-focusing through ERMA’s onboard computers provides greater accuracy, speed and throughput when inspecting from a zoomed out to zoomed in view.
- 3-minute setup process. No training is required no yearly adjustments intuitive design.
- Eyepiece-free viewer means stunning imagery with less eye strain and a comfortable user experience for greater throughput with more accuracy.
- Onboard SD card captures still images and videos with ease. Use to record your job or indicate a reoccurring process step. Also used for sample comparisons.
- The rotating visor and large viewers are designed for multiple users without the need for personal adjustments. Saving time and money.
- Panning to an area of interest allows for repeatable process improving throughput and accuracy
Reduce time and errors and increase ROI by adding ERMA into your inspection process. Available with a free 14-day “Try Before you Buy”, ERMA can be shipped to your facility for use with your team to prove its effectiveness at your company.
The genesis of ERMA was driven by the engineers at WPI to solve some of the persistent problems in the production process.. A byproduct of the bio-medical dissection industry, ERMA is available for immediate FREE trials at www.wpiinc.com/vision/pm or by calling (941) 320-37954.
WPI Vision is in the business of enriching the imaging process through patent pending technology to provide an incomparable user experience to any other product in its price point. By leveraging advances in displays, CMOS sensors and processing power, WPI Vision is redefining how microscopic needs and problems are being met and answered. WPI Vision is a wholly owned subsidiary of World Precision Instrument. Founded in 1967 WPI is a world leader in research laboratory product design and manufacturing. With offices around the globe.
ERMA is designed and manufactured in Sarasota, Florida, USA.
For more information::
For more information on ERMA: www.wpiinc.com/vision/pm