Improves Performance, Capabilities and Universal Compatibility
Verisurf Software has supported every FARO portable metrology device since its first industrial articulated arm in 1995, and the first FARO Laser Tracker SI introduced in 2002. Verisurf continues this commitment of support, today, by announcing enhanced software features for all FARO portable arms. By configuring any new or existing FARO portable CMM with Verisurf 2020 software, customers will realize immediate performance gains, over standard configured devices, including expanded capabilities, productivity features, and universal compatibility with other CMMs in use.
Verisurf software driving FARO portable arms deliver rapid 3D inspection and reverse engineering that enables machine shops to increase efficiency, improve part quality, and reduce scrap. The integrated solution delivers automated ‘in-process’ inspection right to the shop floor, providing first article inspection and reporting in minutes.
“One powerful differentiator that sets Verisurf apart from other measurement software is Model-Based Definition (MBD). Verisurf is built on a CAD platform and can open, read, and modify virtually any intelligent CAD file, including the ability to edit or add GD&T datums. This is extremely important in maintaining digital continuity and supporting downstream applications in today’s manufacturing 4.0 landscape,” said Ernie Husted, President, and CEO of Verisurf.
Verisurf and FARO continue to close the loop in digital manufacturing workflow. Manufacturers can not only extend a 3D model-based workflow from CAD to CAM to Computer-Aided Inspection, but they can also reverse engineer parts into the 3D model-based process, improving quality, saving time, and eliminating drawings.
FARO portable CMMs with Verisurf Application Suites offer highly accurate and powerful inspection and reverse engineering toolsets that are easy to learn and operate, using quick three-step workflow processes.
Rapid Three-Step Inspection
- Align: Align manufactured part to 3D CAD model by probing part to corresponding alignment targets on the 3D CAD model.
- Inspect: Inspect manufactured parts in real-time by probing any surface or by following repeatable automated inspection plans.
- Report: Report inspection results in industry-standard formats with intelligent GD&T and color deviation maps for clear, practical analysis.
Rapid Three-Step Reverse Engineering
- Measure: Probe 3D complex profile surfaces or prismatic features including planes, cylinders, cones, and spheres, or capture 2D features including lines, splines, circles, and slots.
- Mesh: Powerful point cloud and STL mesh editing tools helps prepare large data sets for 3D mesh surfacing. In many cases, STL models can go straight to 3D printing!
- Model: Transform 3D point clouds and meshes into 3D NURB surfaces or solid models with MBD for precision manufacturing.
Verisurf universal compatibility makes FARO devices, and all other CMMs across the manufacturing enterprise, software independent. By selecting Verisurf as a single open measurement and inspection platform, shops can easily access any CAD file and drive virtually all portable and fixed CMMs, sharing inspection plans, collecting measurement data, creating quality reports, or reverse engineering whole parts or features into intelligent 3D CAD models.