Newman M2M and Caron Engineering will be featuring their latest monitoring, automation, and process control technologies for manufacturing outfitted on a Tsugami SS327-5AX for a lights-out machining demonstration in Booth 1828.
The highlight will be their newest software innovation, MiConnect Technology, a flexible and customizable application builder designed for the CNC manufacturing environment to easily connect devices and operations on the shop floor, regardless of communication protocol.
From a simple operation of parsing a single piece of meaningful data to handling all inter-device communication across a fully automated cell, MiConnect can easily be configured for your desired process and flow. The graphical programming of the software makes it easy to tailor applications and adapt to changing requirements. And, with the continually growing inventory of pre-built drivers (CNC’s, robots, barcode scanners, I/O, Modbus, files, SQL, REST API, etc.) and numerous building blocks of operations, it allows our integration specialists to seamlessly customize any application for the customer.
For the Southtec automation demo, MiConnect will be controlling the interaction between the Tsugami CNC, a UR collaborative robot, and a Fowler Precision portable CMM. Additionally, you can expect to see full demonstrations of their entire product line to include:
· ToolConnect: A customizable tool data management system that reads and processes presetter written RFID tags and 2D printed barcode tags to automatically update tool information directly to the CNC control. ToolConnect automates the process of loading tools into the machine to reduce setup time, eliminate human error, and prevent a wrong tool from being loaded.
· TMAC 3.0: An adaptive tool monitoring system that measures tool wear and detects breakage in real time, with adaptive feed rate control to optimize cutting and reduce cycle time up to 60%. TMAC protects the entire machining process and has multiple integrated sensor options that can be monitored simultaneously.
· AutoComp: Automated tool wear compensation software that processes almost any electronic gauge data and calculates and compensates tool offsets in the CNC control automatically; providing fast, error-free tool offset control.
· DTect-IT: A CNC sensor analysis system used to detect and correct anomalies occurring in the normal machining process. Prominent applications include vibration analysis, bar feeder vibration detection, bearing analysis, signature analysis, and surface roughness analysis.
· CEI Smart Light: Intuitive status light system with over 1000 available modes and programmable audible alarm; to indicate any machine status or condition.
Caron Engineering and Newman M2M have a long history of integrating technology across all CNC machine and control types. Visit them in booth 1828 to see how they can apply their automation and optimization technology to your operations.
For more information, contact:
Caron Engineering, Inc.
116 Willie Hill Rd.
Wells, ME 04090