COVID-19 Safety Notice
Updated: September 17, 2021
A message from ACEP President Dr. Mark Rosenberg and Executive Director Sue Sedory:
For many communities, the number of COVID breakthrough cases is rising and the Delta variant seems to be growing. At the same time, epidemiology experts offer varying scenarios on when the Delta variant might peak, from a few weeks to a few months.
As frontline representatives in the fight against COVID-19, ACEP and our members must go above and beyond to reduce the risk of spreading to those who are vulnerable.
ACEP is holding out hope for a face-to-face meeting in Boston. No one understands better than our members what this year has been like. Many of our members have expressed a real need to be together for support, encouragement, and rejuvenation.
In a recent survey of current registrants and some past attendees, the opinions were about half and half … 50% wanting to come to Boston, 50% feeling ACEP should shift to a virtual-only event.
Unfortunately, there is no definitive timeline for making this kind of decision. Our only commitment is to ensure we host an in-person meeting safely and responsibly. If we cannot do that, we will shift to an entirely virtual event.
Our current policies:
- Everyone attending ACEP21 is required to be fully vaccinated and will be asked to show proof of vaccination each day to enter into the ACEP21 event space. The virtual at-home option is available for those unable to be vaccinated because of health, religious or other reasons.
- Mask mandate implemented.
- Social distancing protocols re-established.
- Daily health screening surveys and testing will be available on-site.
- Spouses or other family members, age 12 and over, can attend events at ACEP21 in Boston only if they are fully vaccinated. They will need to register as your guest(s) and meet the same daily vaccination requirements. Because they are not currently eligible for COVID vaccines, children ages 11 and younger will not be allowed to attend the meeting in Boston.
- State and local guidelines continue to be monitored daily, as well as the evolving conditions in your communities nationwide.
- Regular email communication to registrants, exhibitors, and Councillors with updates, changes, and need-to-know information.
- International Attendees: