Satellite Symposia Guidelines
The application period for satellite symposia at AES 2022 is now closed. Contact Justin Searle to see if any availability has opened due to a cancellation.
Satellite symposia provide an opportunity for industry supporters to share epilepsy-related expertise through sponsored education. Programs must be educational and not promotional.
- Programs may not duplicate any educational content offered at the AES Annual Meeting. For reference, HERE is a list of education session titles for AES 2022.
- Industry-sponsored education may offer CME/CE from a third-party accreditor, but CME/CE is not required. AES does not accredit or jointly provide industry satellite education.
- Applications for industry-sponsored education will be reviewed by the AES Council on Education. Accepted applications must meet AES education standards for industry-sponsored education. See the criteria in the guidelines below.
- If more applications are submitted than slots are available, the Council on Education will select the symposia it judges to have the greatest educational value to attendees.
Acceptable educational formats for industry satellite education may be a symposium or workshop that includes presentations by speakers, panel discussions, films, video presentations, and hands-on activities for learners. If your symposium is set with banquet-style seating, the maximum number of attendees in an AES 2022 satellite symposium is approximately 180. The actual capacity will be dependent on the type of seating you choose for the room you are assigned. In-person symposia typically draw 100 to 200 attendees, though AES does not make any guarantees for attendance. You are responsible for generating your audience.
Application Process and Guidelines
A non-refundable application fee of $500 must accompany the completed application.
- Symposium of up to three hours: $32,000, in addition to $500 nonrefundable application fee
- Hosting the recording of your symposium on AES Digital Select for the 90-day post-meeting on-demand period: $1000
- If your application is accepted, the designated contact will receive a letter of agreement (LOA) that must be signed by an authorized company representative and returned to AES by the deadline provided by AES. If the signed LOA is not received by this date, AES reserves the right to reassign the date/time slot.
Process and Deadlines
Proposals must include:
- Symposium title
- Learning objectives
- Needs assessment
- Agenda, including speakers and their affiliations
- First, second, and third choice for the time of your proposed session
- Degree of objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor--the symposium proposal will NOT be accepted if it is judged to be promotional rather than educational
- Extent to which the proposal meets the educational needs of AES members
- Extent to which the proposal DOES NOT duplicate educational content of the AES Annual Meeting
- Extent to which the proposal complements the overall educational content of the AES Annual Meeting
Satellite Symposium Availability
The following dates and times are available for industry-sponsored satellite symposia:
- Friday, December 2: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Sunday, December 4: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Monday, December 5: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Live streaming of satellite symposia is not available at AES 2022. Satellite symposia sponsors may record their symposium.
The sponsoring company is responsible for payment of any charges incurred relative to the symposium inclusive of, but not limited to, audio-visual equipment and service, internet service, recording service, etc. All companies must use the AES-approved audio-visual vendor, IMS Technology Services, for any audiovisual needs. A rough estimate of the cost of recording your symposium is in the range of $29,000.
For a $1000 fee, sponsors of satellite symposia may opt to include their recorded symposium on the AES Digital Select platform for the 90-day post-meeting period. If your symposium is accepted, you will receive more information about the on-demand option.
Generating an Audience
Sponsoring companies whose applications are accepted are responsible for generating their own audience(s). AES will support the promotion of each industry satellite education event as outlined below, with specifics provided in the individual LOAs.
- Provide a postal mailing list of registrants for the meeting as of the early bird deadline, which will be sent to the contact of record. Use of this list will be subject to standing AES policy for mailing list use.
- List specific information about the satellite symposium in the printed program book, on the AES website, and in the mobile app.
- Provide a complimentary black and white full-page advertisement in the printed program book. AES does not allow the complementary black and white ad to be upgraded to a larger ad or to a four-color ad by paying the differential, though additional advertisements in the program book may be purchased to further support the event.
- Offer outreach opportunities for purchase by sponsors of satellite symposia, including sleeping room door drops and on-site print and digital advertising. Click HERE for the advertising insertion order. Note that the number of insertions for the Saturday shared door drop is limited to 20 and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Provide signage in a high-traffic area of the meeting, listing industry satellite education events with dates, times, and locations.