InPlay Inc's IN100 NanoBeacon SoC is a powerful and efficient BLE beacon solution that is built on their proprietary ultra-low-power SoC design platform using Bluetooth 5.3 technology and is considered a breakthrough in BLE beacon technology. The IN100 eliminates the need for software programming, making it a no code required SoC design. A configuration tool is provided for developers to configure the device for various operational modes based on their application needs.
The chipset offers a cost-effective solution in terms of chip cost and the required eBOM. In active RFID tag designs, three external components are typically required to complete the product design. The chipset is notable for its small size thanks to the DFN8 package measuring 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.80 mm, making it suitable for low-profile, space-limited tag product designs. The chipset is specifically designed to be low power enabling the beacon tag to easily operate for more than 10 years on a single-cell battery which makes the SoC ideal for applications that require a low-power and low-cost BLE beacon solution.
The IN100 supports a variety of sensor interfaces including analog and digital. Developers can easily connect the IN100 to a sensor, configure its threshold, and once the threshold is reached, wirelessly publish alerts or raw sensor data information via its Bluetooth air interface.
The IN1BN-DKC0-100-C0 is an easy-to-use customer evaluation and development system that allows the user to quickly start configuring and testing the IN100 chipset. The system consists of three development boards (IN100 chipset-based tag boards) and one programming board.
- 2.4 GHz ISM RF frequency band and 2.36 GHz MedRadio band
- Bluetooth 5.3 technology for increased range and improved power efficiency
- Eliminates the need for software programming making it a no code required SoC design
- Provided configuration tool for developers to configure the device for various operational modes based on their application needs
- Compact size: 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.8 mm
- Multi-year battery life with adjustable transmission power:
- Sub-µW power consumption
- Sleep current: 650 nA (min.)
- iBeacon and Eddystone support for seamless integration with Apple and Android devices
- Analog sensor interface with up to four channels
- Digital I2C sensor interface support
- UART host interface support
- Built-in ultra-low leakage load switches
- Enhanced security:
- Authentication of Beacon ID
- Privacy of advertising data payload
- On-chip RF matching reduces the development time and eBOM
- Wide operating voltage range: 1.1 V to 3.6 V
- Industrial temperature range
- Ultra-low cost
- Retail and retail marketing
- Asset tracking
- Industrial automation
- Proximity marketing
- Real-time indoor location systems
- IoT endpoints