Type 2EG is an ultra-small, ultra−low power, and secure Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.2 wireless module for connected IoT edge devices in industrial and medical applications. The miniaturized module measures 7mm x 7.4mm x 1.0mm. It integrates BLE SoC, RF front end, fast and slow clock for operation and sleep mode, a large value inductor for low power mode, as well as an on-board antenna.
This highly integrated, fully certified solution simplifies IoT device system design to shorten the time-to-market. The Type 2EG module offers the best current consumption in the market. In sleep mode, the modules current consumption is as low as 36nA. This solution also offers built-in Arm® CryptoCell for End-to-end Product Security with Secure Boot, Root of Trust, Lifecycle Management, Secure Key Management, and Application and Data Security.
- Powerful MCU core for user applications
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Integrated IoT cybersecurity platform
- Rich peripheral interface
- Ultra-small size
- Both on-board and external antenna option
- Bluetooth® 5.2 Long range 2Mbps transmit rate Proximity AoA and AoD Up to 10 simultaneous connections
- 7mm x 7.4mm x 1.0mm (max) LGA package
- 48MHz Arm® Cortex® M33
- 80kB RAM (including 64kB user RAM), 512kB Flash
- Arm® CryptoCell 312
- Max transmit power 6 dBm
- Receive sensitivity -95 dBm @ 1Mbps
- Ultra-low power: TX @ 0dBm 4.3mA RX @ 1Mbps 2.7mA Sleep mode 40nA @3V VBAT
- On-board antenna and external antenna option
- Input supply: 1.2V - 3.6V
- I/O interfaces: UART, QSPI, SPI, GPIO, ADC, DAC, PWM, 12C
- Shield/mold: Shielded resin
- Operating temperature range: -40ºC to 85ºC
- Regulatory certificate: FCC/ISED, ETSI, MIC
Combine all these features together, the Type 2EG module is an ideal fit for various battery powered wireless IoT applications.
Visit our booth to see this module in action in our asset tracking and location demo produced by onsemi