Creaform Launches HandySCAN BLACK & Go!SCAN SPARK: The Ultimate Reference in Portable Metrology & the Fastest and Easiest 3D Scanning Solution to Accelerate Your Product Development
The latest generation of the HandySCAN 3D features improved optics, multiple blue laser technology and powerful algorithms for faster, more accurate instant measurements. On the other side, the Go!SCAN 3D features unmatched speed, ease of use and a 3D scanning experience tailored specifically to product designers and engineers
Creaform, a worldwide leader in portable and automated 3D measurement solutions, launched a thoroughly reengineered and refined update to the HandySCAN 3D™ and Go!SCAN : the HandySCAN BLACK™ and the Go!SCAN SPARK™.. These are the third-generation version of Creaform’s patented metrology-grade scanner. Its launch marks more than 15 years of innovation of technology to meet the evolving needs of the manufacturing and engineering industries. The HandySCAN BLACK™ is made for professionals who need the most effective and reliable tool on the market to capture accurate dimensional measurements of physical objects. The Go!SCAN SPARK has been specifically designed for product development professionals who need the most efficient portable scanner to capture 3D data of physical objects—anywhere.
HandySCAN BLACK combines high-performance 3D scanning with improved optics, multiple blue laser technology and a sleek, ergonomic design. Its distinctive simplicity and portability advantages are a staple of Creaform’s product line. As the company’s flagship portable metrology-grade 3D scanner, the HandySCAN BLACK sets the standard for measurement, regardless of size, material or complexity, within seconds anywhere.
High-Performance Tools to Meet Rising Quality Standards
- 4X resolution: Captures fine details and large volumes thanks to the unique and versatile combination of improved high-performance optics and multiple blue laser technology.
- 3X faster measurement speed and instant mesh: Larger scanning area featuring 11 blue laser crosses that take up to 1,300,000 measurements per second, ultimately cutting down the time between acquisition and workable files.
- More accurate and traceable measurements: Volumetric accuracy of 0.020 mm + 0.040 mm/m (0.0008 in. + 0.0005 in./ft) based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 as well as ISO 17025, ensuring reliability and full traceability to international standards.
- Available in BLACK and BLACK|Elite: Customers can choose from two models based on their needs: part complexity, measurement speed, accuracy, etc.
- And much more! Visit the website for detailed information about the innovative technology that provides TRUaccuracy, TRUsimplicity, TRUportability, and speed for your product development and quality control applications.
Go!SCAN SPARK features four inline cameras for faster 3D scanning and color acquisition. It also features an ergonomic design that allows for different types of hand positions. The Go!SCAN SPARK enables full-field dimensional measurements on a wide array of surfaces and textures for various product development applications.
A Powerful Tool to Accelerate Product Time-to-Market
- Plug and play: No setup required. Robust positioning using geometry, color or targets
Innovation and Technology in the Metrology Market and in the Product Development Workflows
“Over the past decade, Creaform technologies have become the standard in highly accurate metrology tools, trusted to take reliable measurements that help make informed decisions at all stages of the product lifecycle management (PLM),” said Simon Côté, Product Manager at Creaform. “HandySCAN BLACK packs the benefits of its predecessors and further takes on quality assurance inspections in the shop, at the machine, in process—where the customers need it.”
“The work of product designers and engineering has greatly evolved over the past few decades. Today, product development teams are under increasing pressure to innovate more quickly, work with multidisciplinary, remote teams and launch products faster than ever before,” said again Simon Côté. “Go!SCAN SPARK generates quality 3D models, facilitates the design iteration process, mitigates errors and speeds up reverse engineering. Without a doubt, the new Go!SCAN SPARK is a key tool in designing products to maintain a leadership position in innovation and a manufacturer’s specific market sectors.”
Creaform develops, manufactures, and sells 3D portable and automated measurement technologies and specializes in engineering services. The company offers innovative solutions for applications such as 3D scanning, reverse engineering, quality control, non-destructive testing, product development, and numerical simulation (FEA/CFD). Its products and services cater to a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, heavy industries, healthcare, manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, research and education.
With headquarters and manufacturing operations in Lévis, Québec, Creaform operates innovation centers in Lévis as well as Grenoble, France, with direct sales operations in Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Singapore. Creaform is part of AMETEK Ultra Precision Technologies, a division of AMETEK Inc., which a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, with annual sales of $4.8 billion.