The ESM303 is a highly configurable single-column force tester for tension and compression measurement applications up to 300 lbF [1.5 kN], with a rugged design suitable for laboratory and production environments. Sample setup and fine positioning are a breeze with available FollowMe™ force-based positioning - using your hand as your guide, push and pull on the force gauge or load cell to move the crosshead at a variable rate of speed.
With generous travel, clearance, and depth dimensions, a wide range of tests can be performed, including break testing, cycling, limit testing to a load or distance, loadholding, elongation testing, tensile testing, compression testing, and more. Satisfy various test methods through an easy-to-use menu, allowing the configuration of test speed, force and distance limits, cycling, preload, and many other functions, all protected by a password. Save up to 50 profiles to accommodate a range of test methods.
When the ESM303’s clearance is insufficient for the application, its modular mechanical design allows for single- and double-column extensions. Modularity extends to the controller functions as well. Individual functions, such as travel measurement, cycling, loadholding, etc., may be purchased either upfront or enabled in the field through an activation code. This a-la-carte platform allows for custom configuration as appropriate for the application and budget.
Collect force and travel data, plot and analyze the results, and control test stand motion via PC-based MESUR™gauge Plus software. Or, fully control the stand by a PC through a custom-written program in any language supporting ASCII communications.
- Selectable speed setting
- Upper and lower travel limit switches
- Adjustable, removal controller with intuitive menu navigation
- Password protection of test parameters
- Stepper motor-driven, producing smooth and quiet operation with no speed variation under load
- USB output of force vs. time or force vs. travel
- Compact footprint, suitable for crowded workbenches
- Ergonomic design, with smart, clean cable management
- Integrated electronics assembly, easily removed and transported
- Adjustable mounting plate with T-slot base