Visitors of the KUKA booth will see our Robotic Friction Stir Weld process demonstrating its widespread applicability, reliability, speed and weld strength.
KUKA has engineered the cost-effective KUKA cell4_FSW modules to provide up to 95% more process efficiency and maximize the available configuration options for manufacturers. Used for both 2D and 3D welding tasks, the modules are scalable and accommodate either one or two 6-axis robots. Shops can arrange several workpiece clamping tools in the working area of the cell so that robots can work simultaneously on larger components if needed.
FSW ensures top weld quality
- No welding defects such as pores or cracks
- Joining of a wide variety of materials possible
- Comparatively low heat input
- High seam strength with minimal welding distortion
FSW guarantees cost-effectiveness
- Economical joining of complex 3D geometries
- Material savings through component optimization
- No consumables such as shielding gas or filler wire