Arcade, NY – Koike Aronson announced the release of its improved carriage welder, the Wel-Handy Multi Next. The new model is an evolutionary update of the highly regarded Wel-Handy series, which was originally introduced in the 1980’s and has had continual improvements and expanded capabilities throughout its lifetime. The Wel-Handy Multi Next moves the industry forward with innovations that make it even more flexible.
The newly designed die cast aluminum case helps dissipate heat and ensures years of continual use, while a light-action lever makes it easy to disengage the magnet from the work piece, providing operators ease of use when relocating the unit. In addition, this new case design relocated the limit switches to allow flexible guide roller positioning. This allows the guides to be positioned in the front or rear of the machine, providing an effective solution for butt-welding on thick plate.
The Wel-Handy Multi Next redesigned digital display system enables the weld engineer to accurately and easily set and save a wide range of parameters that can be repeated endlessly by other operators. The Wel-Handy Multi Next excels in repeatability and consistency over a range of obstacles, saving valuable set-up time and superior solutions for even the most complicated applications.
“We’ve packed in a ton of features into the Wel-Handy Multi Next that will improve our customer’s welding productivity,” said Shane McMahon, Portables Product Manager at Koike Aronson. “We improved the ergonomics and made the machine easier to set-up. In my experience, even though we send manuals, the operators don’t want to read the directions to these things - they need quick, simplistic controls that don’t break. Period”
Quality manufacturers in industries such as shipbuilding and mining have come to rely on the Wel-Handy’s consistent, high quality welds, McMahon explained. The new Wel-Handy Multi Next introduces more features that help reduce worker fatigue and improves the speed and accuracy of the weld process.
Wel-Handy Multi Next Standard features
- Multi-function control knob: Enables operator to select all operating parameters on a single dial
- Encoder drive system: Ensures stable motion regardless of heat, obstacles or power fluctuations
- Flexible guide wheels: Multi position, multi angle guide wheels are made to run in front of or behind the machine
- Limit switch: simultaneously shuts machine and welder off at the end of each weld
Wel-Handy Multi Next Options include
- Corner kit: Designed for corner welding, it enables the machine to weld out of position or extend the welding gun into tight spaces, providing solutions to difficult applications
- Twin torch module: Permits welding on two sides of a metal plate simultaneously
- WU-5R weaving unit- compact weaving system that interfaces directly with the Wel-Handy Next. Commonly used for welding Butt joints or in vertical applications
“We’ve made it very easy to learn the features of the Wel-Handy Multi Next so that welders can get up and running with it as soon as possible,” said Ron Krasnek, Manager of Global Sales and Marketing. “You can set speed presets and monitor your settings on the digital display and at the same time use the intuitive analog controls. It’s the best of both worlds, because it’s sophisticated and versatile, but most importantly easy to use.”
Koike Aronson will be displaying the Wel-Handy Multi Next at IMTS booth N-236244.
Koike Aronson, Inc., headquartered in Arcade, NY, designs and manufactures one of the world’s broadest lines of welding positioners and thermal cutting products, as well as portable and gas apparatus equipment. Since 1918, Koike has been serving customers around the world with innovative, reliable fabrication machinery. Aronson Machine company, founded in 1946, was purchased by Koike in 1985, and the combined force of these industry pioneers produces some of the best cutting, welding and positioning products in the industry.