Ebflow eliminates the need for a vacuum chamber through a local, coarse vacuum which is established and maintained only where it is needed.
Using a system of sliding seals and precision handling enables fast longitudinal and circumferential welds on large work pieces.
There is no filler wire, the autogenous weld can be heat treated and the weld rendered metallurgically indistinguishable from the parent material.
20 to 30 times faster than conventional SAW, 200mm/min in 150mm thick steel has been achieved, making this the fastest thick section welding rates ever.
- A coarse vacuum is established and maintained only where needed
- Minimal weld prep/bevel required, ‘edge to edge‘ fit up
- Welding without pre-heating possible
- Welding consumables are not required (no filler wire-autogenous)
- Increased quality and reliability
- Immediate post weld inspection possible
- Minimal distortion
- Lower working capital requirements
- The energy required to weld 1 meter length is 75% less than a standard submerged arc system