The VP/VPA/VPE series with its numerous options including automation embodies features that make it the optimum press concept for any requirement and application.
Forward and backward extrusion, pre-forming, trimming, piercing, upsetting, stretching, descaling and edge-breaking require differing stroke lengths, overall heights, tool area dimensions and ram speeds.
The frame, drives, ram, and ram guides are designed to meet specific requirements.
- The press frame, depending on press capacity and application, may be a rigid pre-stressed multi-part or compact one-piece design
- Press head designed with integral oil reservoir with cover plate to accommodate the compact press drive
- Depending on press size and speed one or more variable volume axial piston pumps will be located on the press head as submerged pumps or barrel casing pumps
- Servo hydraulic direct drives alternatively equipped with gear pumps or axial piston pumps
- Fully automatic work-piece manipulation
- Protective bolster on table prevents indentation by the tool stack
- Forged press cylinder and press piston
- Cast ram or alternatively welded ram with heat-neutral guide system
- Efficient programmable control system with operator guidance, product data administration and modem for remote diagnostics
Capacities: Press forces from 2,500 – 100,000 kN