Nitreg® is a modern heat treating process, capable of meeting the metallurgical requirements of all nitriding specifications that may have been originally written for salt bath, plasma or traditional gas nitriding. The ability to control the concentration of nitrogen in the surface allows the user to control the growth of the compound layer virtually independently from developing a desirable diffusion zone. This approach facilitates not only meeting any specification requirements, but it also makes it possible to improve on them by allowing tighter tolerances to be satisfied, particularly with regard to the thickness and properties of the compound layer.
- control of the thickness of the compound (white) layer and its properties
- elimination of closed nitride networks within the diffusion zone
- control of case depth
- control of surface hardness
- no distortion
- Green technology, no waste pollution
- family of derivative and related processes