October 2020 - Cleveland, Ohio: NSL Analytical Services, Inc., an independent testing laboratory, successfully completed their ANAB ISO17025-2017 recertification audit and has demonstrated technical competence in the field of testing with no findings or observations.
Over the four-day audit process at the Analytical Facility, ANAB remotely verified all the current scope items and NSL’s extensive list of new additions. New methods added include:
• Ash & Moisture Percentage (ASTM C561, C562, PE-001M1)
• Bulk Density (ASTM C559, WC-001M34)
• Density by Water Displacement (ASTM B311, WC-001M28)
• ICP (ASTM E2371, ASTM2594, ICP-004)
• ICP-MS (ASTM E2823)
• Spark (ASTM E2994, ASTM E3047, ALY-013)
• Leco O/N (ALY-014)
• AA-GF (ASTM E1834)
• XRF (ASTM E2465)
• TGA (ASTM E1860, ASTM E1868, ORG-012)
• PSA (ASTM B821, ASTM B822)
New Instruments or equipment added to the audit scope include:
• ICP-MS NexION 2000B
• Leco ON 836 (ALY-014)
• Spark – SpectroLab M12
During the audit at the Metallurgical Facility, ANAB observed all the items on NSL’s Metallurgical scope and reviewed the scope additions. The scope additions for this audit included:
• ASTM A604 Standard Practice for Macroetch Testing Of Consumable Electrode Remelted Steel Bars and Billets
• ISO 148-1 Impact Charpy Method
• ISO 6892-1 Metallic materials – Tensile testing – Part 1: Method of test at room temperature
New Instruments added to the audit scope include:
• Instron 300LX Tensile Machine with AutoX
• Instron 5985
About ANAB and ISO Accreditation
ANAB, the ANSI National Accreditation Board, is the largest multi-disciplinary accreditation body in North America and services more than 75 countries. ISO 17025 Accreditation proves a laboratory has an acceptable quality management system in place, and it has the ability and competence to provide testing and calibration results.
About NSL Analytical Services, Inc.
NSL is an Independent Commercial Testing Laboratory and a recognized leader in analytical testing. Since 1945, NSL has helped to verify the highest quality, performance, and safety standards in product materials through comprehensive testing services. For more information, visit NSLAnalytical.com.