The Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) from Applied Cobotics is designed to assist collaborative robots and other types of automation robots by consistently loading and unloading material dunnage trays within the robot-accessible work area. The ASRS acclimates to many industrial applications including CNC lathes and mills, material handling, assembly, and packaging.
The repeatable action of the ASRS, in conjunction with parts trays, results in consistent and reliable robot performance. With the ASRS, robots can run longer unattended projects that produce a higher mix of parts, and ultimately achieve lights-out production. This means a greater return on investment for the entire automation system.
The ASRS from Applied Cobotics features a vertical lead screw-driven shelf and a horizontal tray loader/unloader that provides accurate and repeatable motion. Each ASRS base package is equipped with the following features:
- Dunnage tray rack tower that is engineered to securely lock in place with the ASRS. It is capable of holding up to 17 trays, eliminating the need for a worker to periodically remove and reload material from the cobot work zone. It also offers open-spaced shelving that accommodates various part sizes up to 18-inches in height, and offers station-to-station mobility. The result is a significant boost in robot productivity from 10- to 20-times that of standard means.
- Standard fixed robot mount that offers 45-degrees of adjustability and a custom bolt pattern that is compatible with any cobot/robot. The robot mount can be upgraded to a more flexible swivel stand that offers 4-times the amount of adjustability over the standard model. This means a robot can be moved to different angles quickly and accurately.
Additional Features and Benefits:
- Compatible with pallet jacks
- Easy setup/Plug and play solution
- Compatible with most cobots
- HMI touch screen display for easy lift control
- SICK Safety floor scanner
- Camera and monitor screen for convenient production viewing
- Overall dimensions: 55″ x 41″ x 76″
- Standard aluminum or stainless tray dimensions: 18″ x 26″
- Weight: 1200 lb
- Power Required: 220V Single Phase
- Tray Tower capacity: 17 Trays
- Max tray capacity: Base model = 50 lb, Upgraded model = 150 lb