- Mechanical properties outperform aluminum silicon alloys and 6061 T6
- High thermal and electrical conductivity
- Thermal stability allowing service temperatures above 200°C/400°F
- Excellent corrosion performance.
- Almost any LPBF component designed for 6061 or Al-Si alloys such as AlSi10Mg and F357
- New AM designs leveraging the unique properties of Aheadd® CP1: heat exchangers, RF components, semiconductor tooling…
- Nominal particle size 20-63µm. Not classified as hazardous goods for transport and storage
- Powder compatible with major L-PBF machines: EOS, SLM Solutions, Renishaw, 3DS, ADDUP)
- Single gas atomized powder (not a composite blend) for more robust recycling
Game-changing thermal stability
- In addition to outperforming Al-Si alloys and 6061, Aheadd CP1 will not soften over thousands of hours at service temperatures as high as 250-300°C.
- Thermal stability is due to the alloy system: Zr and Fe diffuse extremely slowly in aluminum, unlike conventional alloying elements Si, Mg, Zn, Cu, Li.
Robust, high-productivity processing in laser powder bed fusion
- No volatile elements such as Zn and Mg for improved melt pool stability
- Geometric distortion is minimized through low residual stress (typical as-built yield stress <150MPa)
- No cracking during LPBF process. As-built tensile elongation >20%
- Thermal exposure during AM build cycles has no impact on Aheadd CP1 structure and properties (thermal exposure during build cycles at 100-200°C impacts microstructure of conventional aluminum systems, resulting in microstructure and property variations between the first and last layers to be built)
- As-built surface roughness Ra below 10µm demonstrated for 35° downskin using 60µm layers (EOS M290)