IO-Link solutions from ifm are:
- Simple: The sensor parameters can be set from the controller or the master. No crawling or climbing required to set the sensor.
- Transparent: Many sensors supply measured values to the switching signals via IO-Link. The goal is a constant product quality with less energy and raw material consumption.
- Reliable: Transmission that is prone to errors and conversion of analogue signals is replaced with digital measured value transmission.
- Low-cost: Process information, switching status, diagnostic functions are transmitted without loss via a single port to the controller. Expensive analogue signal processing is no longer needed.
Advantages of IO-Link:
- No external influence of the signal: data transfer is based on a 24 V signal. Screened cables and associated grounding are no longer necessary.
- No measured value losses: the entire measured value transmission is digital. Transmission that is prone to errors and conversion of analogue signals is replaced.
- Easy sensor replacement: all sensor parameters are stored in the master and transferred to the replaced unit.
- Tamper free: no wrong settings by operators.
- Identification: only like for like replacement. No wrong sensors accepted.
- Wire-break detection/diagnostics: wire-break or short-circuit is immediately detected.