The SHA20A is the newest, and smallest, actuator in the SHA product line from Harmonic Drive LLC.
The SHA20A actuator features a compact, hollow shaft configuration for increased design versatility in demanding applications. Ideal for antenna pointing, SHA Series AC servo actuators provide high torque and highly accurate rotary operation. SHA AC servo actuators are composed of a Harmonic Drive® precision gear combined with a brushless servomotor and magnetic absolute encoder. For higher output speeds, SHA servo actuators (size 25 & 32) are available with HPF series planetary gear option. Positional accuracy better than 1 arc-min and ±5 arc-sec repeatability is achieved while delivering up to 30,000 in-lb of torque. A robust cross-roller bearing allows mounting of large loads directly to the actuator without additional support.
- High Accuracy: Zero-backlash Harmonic Drive™ gear reducer
- Maximum torque: 73 ～ 120Nm
- High Torque Density: ~ 60 Nm/kg (for 161:1 ratio)
- Design: Compact, flat, hollow shaft
- Outside diameter: φ94mm
- Length: 108.5
- Weight: 2.0 kg (without brake)
Known for its expert engineering and manufacturing of ultra-precision Harmonic Drive® gear components, Harmonic Drive LLC products are relied upon every day for precision motion control.
APPLICATIONS for Harmonic Drive products:
- Defense: Unmanned Vehicles, Remote Weapon Stations, Antenna Pointing
- Robotics: Industrial, Semiconductor & Flat Panel, Humanoid, Mobile Robots
- Medical: Surgical Robots, Medical Imaging, Therapeutic, Prosthetics, Exoskeletons, Lab Automation
- Aerospace: Solar Array Drives, Antenna Pointing, Valve Actuators, Lunar and Interplanetary Rovers
- Machine Tool: Milling Head, Tool Changer, Rotary Table, Grinding, B & C Axis
KEY PERFORMANCE features for Harmonic Drive servo actuators, gearheads and component sets:
- True Zero Backlash
- Excellent positional accuracy and repeatability
- High Torque-to-Weight and Torque-to-Volume ratios
- Compact size
- High Reliability
- Single stage high reduction ratio
About Harmonic Drive LLC
Harmonic Drive, LLC engineers and manufactures precision servo actuators, gearheads and gear component sets. We work closely with both Fortune 500 and companies of all sizes to understand their application requirements and provide a standard or custom-engineered solution to enable the success of their design project. The majority of the products sold by Harmonic Drive, LLC are proudly made at our manufacturing facility in Peabody, Massachusetts. Harmonic Drive Group Companies in, Japan (Harmonic Drive Systems, Inc.) and Germany (Harmonic Drive AG) provide additional products. We have shared core values, product designs and quality standards. State of the art manufacturing facilities in the US, Japan and Germany enables us to locally serve the needs of our global customers.
With over 50 years of experience, our expert engineering and production teams develop enabling technologies and products to meet the needs of an evolving motion control market. We are very proud of our outstanding company history. Our high-precision, zero-backlash Harmonic Drive® gears and Harmonic Planetary® gears have, and continue to play critical roles in robotics, spaceflight applications, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, factory automation equipment, medical diagnostics and surgical robotics. More information can be found by visiting the company’s website at www.harmonicdrive.net
Harmonic Drive is a registered trademark of Harmonic Drive Systems.